Share My Story CONTEST
Help other caregivers by sharing your story and be entered for a chance to win!
A Caregiver’s Story is Powerful
A caregiver’s journey is often lonely and filled with uncertainty. But by sharing and reading stories from other caregivers, we learn. We take in each other’s wisdom and glean from past mistakes. We find new, helpful resources. And, we feel more connected and understood. By sharing your story, you have the power to help other caregivers.
Share My Story Contest
Caring for Nancy, LLC invites all family and informal caregivers, that are 18 years of age or older, to share their caregiver story with us. We’ll post your story on CaringforNancy.com, in printed materials, and on our social media sites. By sharing your personal story, you will automatically be entered to win our Share My Story Contest. One lucky winner will be chosen to receive a one-on-one Caregiver Consulting Session with Caring for Nancy owner and founder Karin Pauly. (Must be redeemed by June 1, 2020.) Plus, two winners will be randomly selected to receive Caring for Nancy merchandise.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- Must be a resident within the United States of America.
- Submissions accepted starting January 15 and ending January 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
- Entries must complete the contact form below to be entered. Stories must be 400 words or more to be eligible for the contest. Stories with less than 400 words will be disqualified.
- If you chose to submit a photo, you must have approval from any individual(s) in the photo prior to submission. Do not submit any photos that do not belong to you or that you found on the Internet.
- If you have questions about the contest, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Enter:
- Complete the form below by submitting your contact information and carefully written story.
- Ideas for what to include in your story are as follows. Answering each question is not required. Do not provide any information in your story that you do not want shared.
- Who are you caring for?
- Why did you become a caregiver?
- What has been the most important things you’ve learned from your caregiving experience?
- What challenges have you faced or are facing right now?
We will review your story, and, if deemed appropriate, we will publish it to our website and social media sites. By submitting your story and any photos you give Caring for Nancy, LLC permission to publish your story, photos and byline on on caringfornancy.com website, in print materials, and on Caring for Nancy’s social media sites. You also give permission for us to make any grammar or style changes (as necessary) to your story.
Thank you for your willingness to participate and help other caregivers!
Content Submission Form
READ STORIES FROM OTHER CAREGIVERS
“For the most part, caregiving is just a thread in my life. It is an item on a to-do list, a topic of conversation, or some problem solving and research. But sometimes, it is much more jarring.”
“When I think of our mom, it seems almost impossible to express what she meant to me, our family, and others who knew her. Because with her it is much more about presence, how she made us feel, and words aren’t easy to come by.”
“I remember the most difficult day. It was when we moved my mother into the facility. We had to lie to her about the move. Then the staff took my mom by the hand, and told us to leave the facility and not contact her for three weeks.”
CAREGIVER BURNOUT IS REAL
If you are constantly feeling stressed, exhausted, and overworked as a caregiver, we can help. Caregiver burnout is real and serious.
Call us to schedule a one-on-one caregiver session. We will meet with you in person or over the phone. We’ll listen to you to your concerns and challenges. We will then create an action plan that includes solutions and resources to help you. You’ll walk away feeling supported and more in control.